Enchantment, Magic and Mythology: Summer 2013 Update
- ‘O Brave New World: songs from an enchanted island’, a song recital including pieces by Thomas Adès, Benjamin Britten, Dominick Argento, and Jonathan Dove, uses the theme of magic and the supernatural in Shakespeare and other Elizabethan poetry. Art songs and opera arias will be interwoven with readings from Shakespeare plays and W H Auden’s The Sea and the Mirror. Ms. Meloy and pianist Sarah Wilkinson will be performing the programme at the Canterbury Festival on Thursday 24 October 2013 at 1 p.m., St. Gregory’s Centre for Music, and on Thursday 9 January 2014 at 1:15 p.m., St. Pancras Church, London. Excerpts from the programme will be presented at the Beaney House of Art and Knowledge in Canterbury, as part of Accidental Collective’s Pot Luck, on 14 December 2013.
- In 2014, Ms. Meloy is performing the roles of Hecuba in King Priam and Queen of Night in The Magic Flute with English Touring Opera. King Priam opens at the Lindbury Studio Theatre, Royal Opera House in February, and The Magic Flute at the Hackney Empire in March.
- Sorcery & Seduction is now available in a download version from Amazon, iTunes, and CDBaby. The CD, with updated cover and artwork, is still available from http://www.lauremeloy.co.uk .
- Ms. Meloy has signed a contract with the Vienna Staatsoper for their 2014-2015 season. Specific role and production details will be publicised when the season is officially announced.
- In October 2012, Ms. Meloy appeared as a Metropolitan Opera artist in Shakespeare at the Opera: Robert Lepage & The Tempest, and at Le Poisson Rouge, New York, in An Evening with Thomas Adès and ‘The Tempest’. The programme featured Adès at the piano. Review in the New York Review of Books